Do you have plenty of cards? I have plenty of
mtg debit cards, including Revolut and N26, which I have reviewed before. My wallet can hold only so many cards and it is a mess there. Luckily, fintech startups are working hard on improving our lives and we can try them all until we find the best solution. Today, I am reviewing Curve app.
So what is Curve? It is an app, where you can store all of your cards (including Revolut) and get the one-card-to-simulate-them-all. It also includes great currency exchange rates and no commission for paying abroad. So if your wallet is getting heavy, this could be the app to consider for your travels.
Setting up the account
Setting up the account is ridiculously easy and takes a few seconds. You can choose your membership plan, add a promo code (we’d appreciate it if you used ours: D564KB4N) and then you can proceed to add your cards.
Adding your cards
Whenever you need to add a card, just click on the huge + icon on the "Wallet" page and allow the app to take pictures. Now take your card and make sure it is perfectly aligned with the green rectangle that you’ll see. That’s it! It is automatically recognized. Now just add few details and the app will automatically verify your card and add it. The app will take around £1 from your account, but no worries, it will be refunded.
As soon as you add your first card to Curve app, it will automatically order Curve card for you for free. They really want it to be as easy as possible!
Card delivery takes around 3-5 working days.
Perks and features
- For the first 90 days, you can get 1% cashback from retails of your choice! Just click on "Connect" button and choose Curve Cashback and choose any retailer that you like: maximum 3 for Curve Blue and 6 for Curve Black. Also, some of them are only available to Curve Black subscribers
- You can also connect to Xero for accounting and they are planning to add more possibilities!
- You get detailed insights into your expenditures
- They don’t store your card numbers in the app, your information is encrypted with military-grade security
- Lost your card? Lock it in the app. Found it? Unlock it very easily
- Instant customer support
- You get Curve card absolutely for free
How to use it
When you are about to pay in a store, choose the card you would like to pay with.
The best part is that there is a
DeLorean go back in time function, which allows you to change cards you want to pay with for a transaction up to 14 days after the transaction. Sometimes I am bad at thinking under pressure at shops and supermarkets, so such an option is definitely helpful.
All in all it’s a great way to have a good overview of all your finances in one app, free up some space in your wallet and save some money while traveling and getting cashbacks. It’s definitely worth to try, as you’re not losing anything, but have an opportunity to actually get £5 and save some money. Recommend!
Do you think we have missed something? Would you like us to review something else? Please leave us some comments below or contact us via social media!