Revolut has recently launched Revolut trading - a possibility to invest in American stocks inside the app. This is a great opportunity for everyone, who wants to easily invest in famous companies with as little as $1. You can just buy fractional shares if you cannot afford to buy the full share.
It is especially awesome if you already have an account on Revolut. The app has an easy interface for transferring money from your Revolut account to your investment account. The process of looking for the company you want to invest in and buying a share is also incredibly easy.
If the third-party broker fails, according to the US law clients' assets are transferred to another registered broker. Also, brokers are also required to be a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation, which protects client securities accounts of up to US$500,000.
Setting up an investment account
To open a trading account you need to first open a Revolut account, be at least 18 years old, and have at least the 6.2 version of the Revolut app.
- Check below whether your country is eligible
- Create a Revolut account here to get the Revolut debit card for free
- Go to "dashboard" in the lower right corner and click on "Trading"
- You will see a list of stocks. Click on any and then click on "open investment account"
- Add your tax number, answer some questions, accept terms and conditions
- Your investment account will be approved within a few minutes
- Now you can add funds and start investing as easy as that!
Eligible countries as of October 2019
Full information about fees can be found here.
Features at a glance
- Buy a fraction of a share
- Minimum to invest is $1
- Dividends will be credited to your account with the dividend amount on the payment date
- Commission-free trading
- Easy to use
- No price alerts for now
- For now, there are no ETFs or index stocks
- Currently, you can invest a maximum $1000 per order, which is hopefully going to change soon
Ready to invest?
Read more about Revolut here.